Basildon schoolgirl Sherie-Lea James died of drug overdose
A girl who survived liver cancer as a toddler died after taking a lethal cocktail of ecstasy and cocaine, an inquest has heard.
Sherie-Lea James, 15, "thought she was enjoying herself" when she took the drugs at a flat party last September.
But an inquest in Chelmsford heard Sherie-Lea, from Basildon, went into cardiac arrest and died at Basildon University Hospital.
The inquest heard the amount of drugs taken was enough to kill her.
Coroner Eleanor McGann concluded Sherie-Lea's death was drug-related.
Ms McGann said: "Sadly, like many young people, Sherie-Lea had voluntarily taken some drugs.
"A young girl who just thought she was enjoying herself – but sadly there are many young people who take these drugs thinking it's just a bit of fun.
"But in the end it has absolutely tragic consequences and I hope other young people will think about the consequences that may come from taking illegal drugs."
A post-mortem examination concluded that Sherie-Lea died of MDMA intoxication with cocaine. MDMA is more commonly known as ecstasy.
Det Ch Insp Stephen Jennings of Essex Police said nobody had been charged with any offence leading to Sherie-Lea's death.
Two people were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter but face no further action.
The inquest heard the quantity of ecstasy was such that it could have killed Sherie-Lea on its own.
Det Ch Insp Jennings said: "The levels of the MDMA were considerably higher but that, with the combination of the cocaine, was the cause of death."
Sherie-Lea's mother Sam and one of her brothers attended the inquest and made no comment afterwards.