Bright Sparks are electricity safe!

Chris TiernanBlogsLeave a Comment

Brian Mansfield – Essex Fire popped into the Gateway Studios to give this important advice to our listeners.

DO NOT overload plug sockets. No more than 13 amps to a socket which equates to just one kettle. Learn more at www.essex-fire.gov.uk

Regularly check for worn or frayed wires. If the wire has started fraying it could be time to replace that appliance.

Unplug appliances when not in use, particularly when you go to bed. Don’t leave mobile phones, tablets or laptops charging overnight. Unplug chargers when they are not in use.

Keep appliances clean and in good working order. Especially important in the kitchen.

Consider using RSD – Residual Current Device – which works like a circuit breaker to protect against electric shocks and reduces the risk of electrical fires.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *