@TylerPittaway back on air this week on Coffee & Tea. Here’s a wrap-up of some of this week’s highlights:
Odd news stories:
- Would you pay £10 for sweaty socks?
- How far would you go to not pay easyJet more money?!
- Ever had hair draped over your IFE screen on a long-haul flight?
On this day in music:
- 1963 – The Rolling Stones played their first ever gig outside London when they appeared at The Alcove Club in Middlesbrough, supporting The Hollies
- 1964 – The Animals went to No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘The House Of The Rising Sun.’ Recorded in one take
- 1985 – At 12.01 Status Quo started the Live Aid extravaganza, held between Wembley Stadium and The JFK Stadium, Philadelphia
In your celeb birthdays, we have:
- (The voice of Spongebob) Tom Kenny, 57
- Harrison Ford – 77
- Patrick Stewart – 79
For your trip back in time:
Gateway Gold is our feature we do around :15 and :45 most hours during the day on Gateway 97.8. It’s our chance to look in the archives and dig out a few gems for your enjoyment. This week on the show, the system spat out these tracks for you:
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles – Going To A Go Go
Clash – London Calling
Dee C. Lee – See The Day
Gabrielle – Dreams
Rihanna & Jay-Z – Umbrella
Cheryl – Call My Name
And that’s about it! Obviously I played a load of great music which you can hear again on the Gateway listen again service, here!
That’s your lot for this week. Keep listening to Gateway, and I’ll be back with you soon! 🙂