Another 3 hours have flashed before my eyes!
Saturdays 12-3 = Tyler Pittaway back in your ears on Gateway, with more:
- Local events in Kelly’s Diary
- Sports with Producer Jack and Richard Becker
- A trip back in time
- Celeb birthdays
- Musical on this day
- Brilliant music
- Cookies… okay, we don’t actually have cookies 🙁
Well, we do have cookies, but they’re in the cabinet by reception. If anyone asks, I didn’t tell you that.
This week on the show, it’s been World Maths Day and I’ve been practising the ‘Bus Stop Method’ in the studio with Producer Jack – which has proven I really need to resit my GCSE maths, but alas, I digress.
Here are the strange stories I mentioned this week:
- Nearly a fifth of parents regret their children’s names
- How a woman sold a £5 for a lot more than it was worth to fund Christmas
- An almighty blunder by the BBC
- Waitrose have been attracting the freeloaders of society
On this day in music:
- 1965, Jimi Hendrix signed his first recording contract in the UK, where he would received $1 and a 1% Royalty on all of his recordings
- 1966, The Four Tops started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘Reach Out And I’ll Be There’
- 1979, ABBA played their first concert in North America when they appeared in Vancouver, Canada
In your celeb birthdays, we have:
For your trip back in time:
We don’t mess about here… I played the excellent Men At Work – Overkill from 1983. For some bizarre reason that song only charted at 21 in the UK. Check out the video below:
They’re one of the most underrated bands of the 80s, and they can thank me for the royalties later!
Tonight, Cineworld Basildon are showing:
- Inferno, starring Tom Hanks (12A)
- The Girl On The Train, starring Emily Blunt (15)
- Bridget Jones’s Baby, starring Renee Zelleweger (15)
- Deepwater Horizon, starring Mark Wahlberg (12A)
And, tonight on the telly-box:
- Strictly Come Dancing on BBC1 at 6:30pm
- The X Factor on ITV1 at 8pm
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown on Channel4 at 9pm
- Grown Ups (2010) on 5STAR at 10pm
I have a week off next week, but be sure to tune in on Saturday afternoon 12-3 for your Saturday afternoon soundtrack on Gateway.
I’ll be back with you on the 29th October, and as it’s the show before Halloween – there may be some scary surprises in store 😉