Back in the chair after my weekend off, and I trust Josh delivered a brilliant show for you last week. I thought I’d travel to Hamburg for the weekend to take in the fantastic Christmas atmosphere, and explore the Christmas markets – and let me assure you – they did not disappoint.
If you’re looking for a quick festive trip away – Hamburg could well be the city for you to tick off the list next. Though if you’re a shy one, you should probably steer clear of The Reeperbahn…
No Producer Jack this week; which meant I had to read the sports news for the first time in 3 months – no biggie!
Anyway, back to the show content for this week:
Here are the strange stories I mentioned this week:
- There’s a new gritter on the streets of Oldham
- How to untangle the Christmas Lights this year
- The weird Craig David conspiracy theory
- How an Argos security guard is now the President of Gambia!
On this day in music:
- 1965, The Beatles set out on what would be their last ever UK tour at Glasgow’s Odeon Cinema
- 1976, An estimated three and a half million people applied for ABBA’s forthcoming British Albert Hall concerts, there were just over 11 thousand
- 2006, The reformed Take That topped the UK singles and album charts simultaneously for the first time ever in their career with ‘Patience’
In your celeb birthdays, we have:
- Montell Jordan, 48
- Brendan Fraser, 48
- Ozzy Osbourne, 68
For your trip back in time:
It’s the shortest song yet on back in time; it was Blur – Song Two! You can see the (really short) music video below:
You’re up to date! Have a great week – and I’ll speak to you next weekend.