It’s Easter Saturday which is kinda weird because it feels like I’m on air on Sunday… alas, I am NOT complaining. Here’s to the 4-day Weekend! Anyway – back to this week’s show:
Here are the stories I mentioned this week:
- The Queen’s looking for a trainee butler
- Should the office cat stay, or should it go?
- How bad for your body is an Easter egg binge?
- Opinion: The Metro’s Ellen Scott’s Easter chocolate rankings
On this day in music:
- 1964, The Beatles filmed at The Scala Theatre in London for their forthcoming movie ‘A Hard Day’s Night’
- 1967, Jimi Hendrix, The Walker Brothers, Cat Stevens and Engelbert Humperdink all appeared at the The Odeon in Blackpool
- 1967, Nancy Sinatra and Frank Sinatra started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with ‘Somethin’ Stupid’. They became the only father and daughter act ever to score a No.1 single
In your celeb birthdays, we have:
- Emma Watson, 27
- Seth Rogen, 35
- Emma Thompson, 58
For your trip back in time:
It’s overcast and the sun is trying so, so hard to get through the clouds. Only one thing can help lift moods… and that’s a 90s track! This week it was Edwyn Collins – A Girl Like You. Check out the video below:
Right, that’s your lot from me. I’ll be back in your ears next week; but until then, enjoy your looooong weekend – and have a great week!