F1 update – Abu Dhabi GP
The 2022 Formula 1 World Championship season concluded with the final race of the year the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen ended the year on a high note by winning for the 15th time in 2022 ahead of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc with Red Bull team mate Sergio Perez finishing third.
Abu Dhabi GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- 3rd: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 4th: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- 5th: George Russell – Mercedes
Final drivers championship top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – 454 points
- 2nd: Charles Leclerc – 308 points
- 3rd: Sergio Perez – 305 points
- 4th: George Russell – 275 points
- 5th: Carlos Sainz – 246 points
Final constructors championship top 5:
- 1st: Red Bull – 759 points
- 2nd: Ferrari – 554 points
- 3rd: Mercedes – 515 points
- 4th: Alpine – 173 points
- 5th: McLaren – 159 points
- Haas’s Mick Schumacher and William’s Nicholas Latifi collided on lap 39 with the former recieving a 5 second time penalty for causing the collision.
- Alpine’s Fernando Alonso would retire on lap 28 with an apparent water leak.
- Merecedes’s Lewis Hamilton would retire on lap 56 with an hydraulics failure.
- Sebastian Vettel finished his final ever race in 10th place for Aston Martin.
- Formula 2 rookie of the year Logan Sargaent has secured enough points to obtain a super licence and will race for Williams in 2023 alongside Alexander Albon.
The 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will begin in Bahrain for the Bahrain Grand Prix on 3rd – 5th March.
Aston and Cameron Perkins have the latest Formula 1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online