Posted by Aston Avery
F1 update – Azerbaijan GP
Round 4 of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship saw the teams and drivers race round the streets of Baku for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
Red Bull continued their dominant start to the year as Mexican driver Sergio Perez took his second victory of the year and he became the first repeat winner of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. Perez headed home team mate Max Verstappen with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finishing third.
Azerbaijan GP top 5:
- 1st: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 2nd: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 3rd: Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- 4th: Fernando Alonso – Aston Martin
- 5th: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- There was a pitlane shamble on the final lap of the race as Alpine’s Esteban Ocon pitted, but whilst entering the pitlane there were photographers and media nearly getting in his way.
- Alpha Tauri’s Nyck De Vries would retire on lap 10 after damaging his car by clouting the wall at turn 5, that incident would bring out the safety car.
- Alfa Romeo had a weekend to forget as Valtteri Bottas had a nightmare of a race by pitting at least 3 times which meant he finished eighteenth and last of the finishers whilst his team mate Zhou Guanyu would retire on lap 37 with overheating problems.
The next round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will be held in Miami, Florida for the Miami GP on 5th – 7th May.
Here’s Aston and Cameron Perkins with the latest Formula 1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online