Posted by Aston Avery
F1 update – Bahrain GP
The first round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship was held at the Bahrain International Circuit in Bahrain for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Red Bull’s reigning world champion Max Verstappen took a dominant victory ahead of team mate Sergio Perez whilst Fernando Alonso in his first race for Aston Martin finished third.
Bahrain GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 3rd: Fernando Alonso – Aston Martin
- 4th: Carlos Sainz Jr – Ferrari
- 5th: Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- Mercedes had their worst start to a season since 2013 with Lewis Hamilton and team mate George Russell finished 5th & 7th respectively.
- Lance Stroll was a doubt before the race with a wrist injury and despite this he still finished in 6th for Aston Martin.
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc would retire from the race on lap 40 with an energy store failure.
- McLaren had a nightmare opening race of the year as Lando Norris finished 17th whilst his rookie team mate Oscar Piastri retired on lap 14 with an electrical failure.
- Mixed day for Alpine as Pierre Gasly in his first race for the team finishing 9th whilst his team mate Esteban Ocon recieved time penalties for being out of place on the starting grid, then not serving the penalty properly and then speeding in the pitlane, he would eventually would retire from the race on lap 42.
- Williams had a good day as Alex Albon finished in 10th which is the first time the team had scored points in the first race of the year since 2017 whilst his rookie team mate Logan Sargeant would finish 12th.
- Haas’s Nico Hulkenberg was handed a 15 time penalty for exceeding track limits.
The next round of the Formula 1 World Championship will be held at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit in Saudi Arabia for the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix on 17th – 19th March.
Here is the audio of the F1 update with Aston Avery and Cameron Perkins.
Ads help us keep this site online