F1 update – Belgian GP
Formula 1 returned after the summer to race the legendary Spa-Francorhamps in Belgium for the Belgian GP.
The race saw reigning world champion Red Bull’s Max Verstappen claim victory despite starting forteenth on the grid with his teammate Sergio Perez finishing second and Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz completing the podium by finishing third.
Belgian GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 3rd: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- 4th: George Russell – Mercedes
- 5th: Fernando Alonso – Alpine
- There was drama on the first lap as Mercedes driver Sir Lewis Hamilton and Alpine’s Fernando Alonso collided at Les Combe which forced Hamilton to retire from the race.
- The safety car was deployed on lap two after Nicholas Latifi spun his Williams at Les Combe with Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas unsuccessfully taking an avoiding action by getting stuck in the gravel and would retire from the race.
- Another driver who made a steller drive from the back of the pack was Alpine’s Esteban Ocon who finished seventh after starting seventeenth.
- Williams had a strong showing with Alex Albon who finished tenth after starting sixth on the grid.
- McLaren announced that Daniel Ricciardo would be leaving the team at the end of the season.
- Haas’s Mick Schumacher has announced that he is to cut ties with Ferrari at the end of the season.
The next stop for the 2022 Formula 1 World Championship is the Dutch Grand Prix to be held on 2nd to 4th September at the legendary Zandvoort Circuit.
Here is Aston and Cameron Perkins the with latest update.
Ads help us keep this site online