F1 update – British GP
The tenth round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship was held at the Silverstone Circuit in Northampton for the British Grand Prix.
For the sixth race running and for the eighth time in 2023 Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took victory heading home McLaren’s Lando Norris who finished second with Mercedes Lewis Hamilton completing the podium in third.
British GP – top 5
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Lando Norris – McLaren
- 3rd: Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- 4th: Oscar Piastri – McLaren
- 5th: George Russell – Mercedes
- Alpine had a day to forget as both Esteban Ocon and his team mate Pierre Gasly both reitred, Ocon went out on lap 10 with an oil leak, whilst Gasly’s race ended on lap 47 after a collision with Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll.
- Haas’s Kevin Magnussen would retire on lap 32 with an engine failure, which in turn bought out the safety car.
- Williams’s Alex Albon scored more points by finishing eighth with his team mate Logan Sargeant narrowly missing out on a points finish in eleventh.
- Ferrari just scraped a points finish which saw their drivers Charles Leclerc finish ninth and team mate Carlos Sainz tenth.
- Alfa Romeo’s Valtteri Bottas was exclueded from qualifying due to not providing enough fuel for sampling.
- Daniel Ricciardo will return to race at the Hungarian Grand Prix replacing Nyck De Vries at Alpha Tauri until the end of the season.
The next round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will be held at Hungaroring in Budapest for the Hungarian Grand Prix on 21st – 23rd July.
Here’s the latest F1 update with Aston and Cameron Perkins.
Ads help us keep this site online