F1 update – French GP
The Formula 1 drivers and teams raced around the Paul Ricard Circuit in Le Castelet in France for round 12 of the 2022 Formula 1 World Championship the French GP.
The race itself saw Red Bull’s Max Verstappen claim his seventh win of the year heading home the Mercedes duo of Sir Lewis Hamilton who finished second and George Russell who finished third.
French GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Sir Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- 3rd: George Russell – Mercedes
- 4th: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 5th: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- Pole sitter Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc crashed out on lap 18 whilst leading.
- Alpha Tauri’s Yuki Tsunoda would spin on the opening lap of the race and eventually retire from the race on lap 18 with undertray damage.
- Alfa Romeo’s Guanyu Zhou collided with Haas’s Mick Schumacher resulting in Zhou recieving a 5 second time penalty. Zhou would later retire with a power unit failure.
- Haas’s Kevin Magnussen and William’s Nicholas Latifi would collide and both would eventually retire from the race.
The next round of the 2022 Formula 1 World Championship will take at the Hungaroring in Budapest, Hungary for round 13 of this years championship the Hungarian GP on 29th – 31st July.
Here is the French GP review with Aston Avery and Cameron Perkins.
Ads help us keep this site online