F1 update – Hungarian GP
Round 13 of this years Formula 1 championship was held at the Hungaroring in Budapest, Hungary for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen despite starting 10th on the grid collected his eighth victory of 2022 by heading the two Mercedes of Sir Lewis Hamilton who finished second and George Russell who started on pole for the race finishing third.
Hungarian GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Sir Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- 3rd: George Russell – Mercedes
- 4th: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- 5th: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo and Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll collided with the former handed a 5 second time penalty.
- McLaren’s Lando Norris put in a solid weekend for McLaren by qualifying fourth and finish the race in seventh.
- Alpine had a solid weekend with both Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon finishing eighth and ninth respectively after qualifying fifth and sixth.
- Aston Martin’s Sebastian Vettel clinched the final point of the race after battling his team mate Lance Stroll.
- Aston Martin’s Sebastian Vettel has announced that he is to retire from Formula 1 at the end of the current season.
- Fernando Alonso will leave Alpine at the end of the year to join Aston Martin in 2023.
- Alexander Albon will stay with Williams in 2023 after signing a new multi year to remain with the team.
The next round of the Formula 1 World Championship will be held on the 26th – 28th August at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium for the Belgian Grand Prix.
Aston Avery and Cameron Perkins have the latest Formula 1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online