F1 update – Miami GP
This past weekend saw the Formula 1 drivers and teams race in Miami, Florida for the first ever Miami Grand Prix held at the Miami International Autodrome.
The race itself saw reigning world champion Max Verstappen claim his and Red Bull’s third victory of 2022 heading home the two Ferrari’s of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz Jr with the former heading a Ferrari 1 – 2 on the starting grid.
Verstappen’s Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez would finish fourth with Mercedes driver George Russell finishing fifth after starting twelth on the grid.
Miami GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- 3rd: Carlos Sainz Jr – Ferrari
- 4th: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 5th: George Russell – Mercedes
- Alpine’s Fernando Alonso recieved a 5 second penalty during for colliding with Alpha Tauri’s Pierre Gasly with the latter colliding with McLaren’s Lando Norris which would bring out the safety car on lap 40.
- Esteban Ocon in the Alpine produced an amazing drive from twnetieth on the grid to finish eighth.
- William driver Alex Albon would finish tenth on the road, but would be elevated to ninth following Alonso’s second 5 second penalty for going off the track and gaining an advantage in his battle with Haas’s Mick Schumacher.
- Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll would score the final point in tenth despite starting from the pitlane.
- There was also a collision between Haas’s Mick Schumacher and Aston Martin’s Sebastian Vettel with the latter having to retire due to car damage.
- The next race is on the weekend of 20th – 22nd May at the Circuit De Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain for roudn six of the 2022 Formula 1 World Championship.
Here’s Aston Avery and Cameron Perkins with a review of the Miami GP.
Ads help us keep this site online