Posted by Aston Avery
F1 Update – Miami GP
Round 5 of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship took the drivers and teams to Miami, Florida for the Miami Grand Prix.
Red Bull continued their dominant start to the year with reigning world champion Max Verstappen taking his third win of the year after starting ninth on the grid with his team mate Sergio Perez finishing second with Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso completing the podium in third.
Miami GP top 5:
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 3rd: Fernando Alonso – Aston Martin
- 4th: George Russell – Mercedes
- 5th: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton finished sixth after starting thirteenth on the grid.
- Haas’s Kevin Magnussen gave Haas their best qualifying spot since the Sao Paolo Grand Prix last year by qualifying forth, but he would go on to finish the race in tenth.
- There were no retirements in this race, the first a race has seen no retirements since the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix.
The next round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will take at Imola, Italy for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix on 19th – 21st May.
Aston and Cameron Perkins with the latest Formula 1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online