F1 Update – Monaco GP
Round 7 of the 2022 Formula 1 world championship took the drivers and teams to the streets of Monaco for the Monaco Grand Prix.
In the race Red Bull’s Sergio Perez took his first win of 2022 heading home Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz who finished second with Perez’s Red Bull team mate Max Verstappen completing the podium in third place. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc qualified on pole, but a wrong strategy call by Ferrari meant he had to settle for fourth.
Monaco GP top 5:
- 1st: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 2nd: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- 3rd: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 4th: Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- 5th: George Russell – Mercedes
- Race day was wet and that caused the start of the race to be delayed by 30 minutes and also they had power outage as well.
- Haas’s Mick Schumacher crashed out on lap 25 at the Swimming Pool section of the course which would cause a red flag.
- Alpine’s Esteban Ocon would recieve a 5 second time penalty for colliding with Mercedes driver Sir Lewis Hamilton.
The next round of the 2022 Formula 1 world championship will take the teams and drivers to streets of Baku for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix which is round 8 of the championshp.
Aston and regular contributor Cameron Perkins with a review of the Monaco Grand Prix.
Ads help us keep this site online