F1 update – Sao Paolo GP
Round 20 of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship was held at the Autodromo Carlos Pace in Interlagos, Brazil for the Sao Paolo Grand Prix.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen took his seventeenth win of the year which also beat record of percentage of victories in a season, a record that stood for 71 years when Alberto Ascari won 75% of races in a season, Verstappen headed home McLaren’s Lando Norris who finished second with Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso just fending of Red Bull’s Sergio Perez to finish third.
Sao Paolo GP – top 5
- 1st: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd: Lando Norris – McLaren
- 3rd: Fernando Alonso – Aston Martin
- 4th: Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 5th: Lance Stroll – Aston Martin
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc would crash out on the formation lap due to an hydraulics failure.
- The red flag came out after an opening lap accident involving Haas’s Kevin Magnussen and William’s Alex Albon.
- Alfa Romeo had a race to forget as both their drivers Guanyu Zhou and Valtteri Bottas would retire from the race with engine related issues.
- Mercedes George Russell would retire on lap 58 with an oil temperature problem.
- Haas lodged a right to review appeal over track limit offences that went unpunished at the US Grand Prix which was then later rejected by the FIA.
- Ferrari will sport special race suits for the upcoming Las Vegas Grand Prix.
- The Sao Paolo Grand Prix organisers have signed an extension to host a Grand Prix until 2030.
- GM will only be interested in an F1 entry with Andretti.
The next round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will be held on the streets of Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Grand Prix on 16th – 18th November (US time) (17th – 19th November UK time).
Aston and regular contributor Cameron Perkins with the latest from the world of Formula 1.
Ads help us keep this site online