F1 update – Singapore GP
Round 15 of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship took the teams and drivers to the Marina Bay Circuit for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Red Bull’s unbeaten run to the season came to an end as Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz took the victory with McLaren’s Lando Norris finishing second whilst Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton finished third.
Singapore GP – top 5:
- 1st: Carlos Sainz – Ferrari
- 2nd: Lando Norris – McLaren
- 3rd: Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- 4th: Charles Leclerc – Ferrari
- 5th: Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- Aston Martin’s Lance Stroll crashed heavily in qualifying which forced him to miss the race.
- Red Bull suffered a double Q2 exit with Max Verstappen qualifying eleventh whilst his team mate Sergio Perez qualified thirteenth, they would go on finish the race in fifth and eighth respectively.
- Alpha Tauri’s Yuki Tsunoda would retire on the opening lap with damage to the car.
- Alpine’s Esteban Ocon would retire on lap 43 with clutch trouble which deployed the virtual safety car.
- Mercedes’s George Russell would crash out on the final lap which cost him third place.
- Alpha Tauri’s Liam Lawson scored his first F1 points of his career with a ninth place finish.
- William’s Logan Sargaent would crash his car, but would carry on after a front wing change, that in turn bought out the safety car.
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez would collect a 5 second time penalty for colliding with the Williams of Alexander Albon, but that didn’t Perez’s finish position of eighth.
Oscar Piastri has signed a contract extension which will see him remain racing for McLaren until 2026.
Alfa Romeo announced an unchanged driver line up as they confirm both Valtteri Bottas and Guanyu Zhou for 2024.
The next round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship will be held on the Suzuka Circuit for the Japanese Grand Prix on 22nd to 24th September.
Here’s Aston and Cameron Perkins with the latest F1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online