F1 Update – Spanish GP
Round 6 of the Formula 1 World Championship took the drivers and teams back to Europe and Barcelona in Spain for the Spanish Grand Prix held at the Circuit De Catalunya.
The race saw Red Bull’s reigning world champion Max Verstappen take his fourth victory of 2022 despite spinning earlier in the race ahead of his team mate Sergio Perez with Mercedes George Russell finishing third.
Spanish GP top 5:
- 1st – Max Verstappen – Red Bull
- 2nd – Sergio Perez – Red Bull
- 3rd – George Russell – Mercedes
- 4th – Carlos Sainz Jr – Ferrari
- 5th – Sir Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc started the race from pole but on lap 28 would retire from the race whilst leading with a turbo failure. Alfa Romeo’s Guanyu Zhou would also retire from the race a lap later due to a loss of power.
- Mercedes driver Sir Lewis Hamilton collided with Haas’s Kevin Magnussen on the opening lap of the race which resulted in Hamilton embarking a great recovery drive.
- Alpine driver Fernando Alonso would finish his home Grand Prix in ninth after starting last on the grid.
- Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz Jr and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen endure spins during the race.
- William driver Alex Albon would incur a five second time penalty for going off the track multiple times during the race.
The next stop for the Formula 1 drivers and teams is the Monaco Grand Prix which will be held on the weekend of 26th – 29th May.
Here’s Aston Avery and Cameron Perkins with a Formula 1 update.
Ads help us keep this site online