Ads help us keep this site online
Below is the latest news from the world of motorsport in the past week.
Race 1 Top 3:
- 1st: Colin Turkington (Team BMW),
- 2nd: Tom Ingram (Excelr8 Trade Price Cars),
- 3rd: Rory Butcher (Toyota Gazzo Racing UK)
- Coin Turkington (Team BMW) wins first race at Snetterton from pole after Halfords Catcelan Racing’s Gordon Shedden was excluded from qualifying,
- Tom Chilton (Ciceley Motorsport) spun off late on at the Wilson Hairpin as he forced Jessica Hawkins (Racing with Wera & Photon Group).
Race 2 Top 3:
- 1st: Ash Sutton (Laser Tools Racing),
- 2nd: Colin Turkington (Team BMW) ,
- 3rd: Ollie Jackson (MB Motorsport Accelerated By Blue Square)
- Ash Sutton (Laser Tools Racing) stormed to victory after performing masterful management on his soft tyres to breeze through the field to take the win,
Race 3 Top 3:
- 1st: Tom Ingram (Excelr8 Trade Price Cars),
- 2nd: Ash Sutton (Laser Tools Racing),
- 3rd: Gordon Shedden (Halfords Yuasa Racing With Cataclean)
- Stephen Jelley (Team BMW) started on Pole for the reverse grid race at Snetterton
- Tom Ingram (Excelr8 Trade Price Cars) took the team’s first victory in the BTCC after winning race 3 at Snetterton in a Hyundai I30 N Fastback,
- Tom Oliphant (Team BMW) had a difficult race 3 after late contact with Ollie Jackson (MB Motorsport) into Agostini spun the BMW 3 Series around as both drivers finished well down the field,
- Carl Boardley (Laser Tools Racing) also had a mare of a race spinning out after contact with another driver on the first lap of race 3.
- Jack Goff (Team Hard) had a strong showing throughout the weekend with a 9th place in both race 2 and 3 in the Cupra Leon.
(Jessica Hawkins subbed for Andy Neate down at Motorbase with Neate due to return at Brands Hatch Indy on the 26th-27th June 2021)
Next BTCC Meeting: Brands Hatch Indy (26th-27th June 2021)
Indycar Detroit GP:
Race 1 Top 3:
- 1st: Marcus Ericsson,
- 2nd: Rinus VeeKay,
- 3rd: Patricio O’Ward
- Marcus Ericsson takes his maiden Indycar victory after earlier race leader Will Power suffers trouble in the Pits,
- Felix Rosenqvist suffers a horrible crash at turn 6 after a reported stuck throttle on his car. (He thankfully walked away from the crash and the race was red flagged immediately),
- Roamin Grosjean retired after his Dale Coyne Honda crashed with six laps to go.
Race 2 Top 3:
- 1st: Patrico O’Ward,
- 2nd: Josef Newgarden,
- 3rd: Alex Palou
Next Indycar Meeting: REV Group GP (Road America) (20th June 2021)
Nascar All Stars Races: Kyle Larson (All Starts Race Winner), Aric Amirola (All Starts Open Winner).
F1 will return to Paul Ricard for the French GP this upcoming weekend with Red Bull’s Max Vertsappen leading the Drivers World Championship by 4 points from Sir Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) going into the weekend.
Tune in every Monday from 10am to catch the motorsport update live on Daytime with Aston Avery only on Gateway 97.8.