Ads help us keep this site online
Fathers Day weekend was packed full of a catalogue of motorsport action. The action included: F1 French GP at Paul Ricard, the Indycar REV Group GP at Road America, Formula-E visited Puebla for a double header event and the Nascar Cup Series visited Nashville Superspeedway for the Ally 400.
F1 French GP:
Top 5 Classification:
- 1st: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- 2nd: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 3rd: Sergio Perez (Red Bull),
- 4th: Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 5th: Lando Norris (McLaren)
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen suprised the odds as he made a late overtake on Mecrcedes’s Lewis Hamilton just before the Mistral chicane to win the 2021 French GP and most importantly increase his championship lead to 12 points,
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez finished 3rd ahead of Mercedes’s Valtteri Bottas,
- Both Ferrari’s endured a horrible day as both cars finished outside the points,
- McLaren turned around their qualifying misfourtunes as Lando Norris and teammate Daniel Ricciardo finished 5th and 6th respectivley to give the team a great haul of points following the tragic passing of their former shareholder, Mansour Ojjeh earlier in June.
F1 will head to the Red Bull Ring next week as part of a triple header of races and for back to back in Austria with the Styrian GP taking place next week between the 25th-27th June 2021.
Nascar Ally 400:
Top 3 Drivers:
- 1st: Kyle Larson (Chevrolet),
- 2nd: Ross Chastain (Chevrolet),
- 3rd: William Byron (Chevrolet).
Race 1 Top 3:
- 1st: Lucas Di Grassi (Audi),
- 2nd: Rene Rast (Audi),
- 3rd: Eduardo Mortara (Rokit Venturi Racing)
Race 2 Top 3:
- 1st: Eduardo Motora (Rokit Venturi Racing),
- 2nd: Pascal Wehrlein (Porsche),
- 3rd: Nick Cassidy (Virgin)
- Both Porsche’s (Pascal Wehrlein and Andre Lotterer) and both Nissan’s (Sebastian Buemi and Oliver Rowland) were disqualified from Race 1. (Di Grassi inherited the win from Wehrlein),
- Eduardo Motora (Ventruri) won race two and Lucas Di Grassi (Audi) was slapped with a penalty after colliding with with Norman Nato (Venturi).
Indycar REV Group GP:
Top 5 Drivers:
- 1st: Alex Palou,
- 2nd: Colton Herta,
- 3rd: Will Power,
- 4th: Scott Dixon,
- 5th: Romain Grosjean,
(Josef Newgarden lead early on however retired which gifted the win to Alex Palou)
Next Race Meetings:
- F1: Styrian GP (25th-27th June 2021),
- BTCC: Brands Hatch Indy (26th-27th June 2021),
- Nascar: Explore the Pocono Mountains 350 (27th June 2021) Pocono Organics 325 (26th June 2021)
Tune in every Monday to listen live to the motorsport update on Gateway 97.8 on Daytime with Aston Avery from 10am.