Ads help us keep this site online
The final motorsport update of April provided us with lots of fantastic motor racing content. Last week in motorsport: Formula E headed to the Circuit Ricardo Tormo for a double headed Valencia E Prix, Nascar visited the infamous Talladega Super Speedway for the Geico 500 and Indycar went all the way to Florida for the second round of the season at the streets of st Petersberg.
Fe Valencia E Prix:
Race 1 top 3:
- 1st: Nyck De Vries (Mercedes)
- 2nd: Nico Muller (Dragon)
- 3rd: Stoffel Vandoorne (Mercedes)
Race 2 top 3:
- 1st: Jake Dennis (BMW)
- 2nd: Andre Lotterer (Porsche)
- 3rd: Alex Lynn (Mahindra)
(Norman Nato in the Venturi originally finished 2nd in race 2 however he was given a 5 second time penalty for causing a collision which dropped him to 5th place in the final classification).
Highlights from the weekend
- Jake Dennis took his maiden Formula E win in Race 2 for BMW,
- Andre Lotterer (Porsche) scored his first points of the season including his first podium of the season with 2nd place in Race 2,
- In Race 1, Nyck De Vries claimed the win after a chaotic last lap as many drivers and teams miscalculated their battery usage,
- Stoffel Vandoorne had a mixed weekend after finishing on the podium in Race 1 after starting low down on the grip however in race two, the Mercedes driver collided with the Nissan E Dams of Sebastian Buemi. (Vandoorne retired in Race 2).
- Jaguar had a poor weekend with a lack of pace in changeable conditions from its drivers, Mitch Evans and Sam Bird.
NASCAR Geico 500:
Top 3 drivers:
- 1st: Brad Keselowski (Ford)
- 2nd: William Byron (Chevrolet)
- 3rd: Michael McDowell (Ford)
Indycar at Petersberg:
- 1st: Colton Herta,
- 2nd: Josef Newgarden,
- 3rd: Simon Pagenaud
Tune in every Monday to listen live to the motorsport update live on Gateway 97.8 from 10am.