Ads help us keep this site online
The final motorsport update of June was full of action. Action included: F1 visited The Red Bull Ring (Austria) for the Styrian GP, The Nascar Cup Series headed to Pocono for a double header and the BTCC headed to Brands Hatch Indy for Rounds 7, 8 and 9 of the 2021 championship.
F1 Styrian GP Top 5 Drivers:
- 1st: Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
- 2nd: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
- 3rd: Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 4th: Sergio Perez (Red Bull)
- 5th: Lando Norris (McLaren
- Alpha Tauri’s Pierre Gasly retires early on after contact Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc on the opening lap,
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) leads the World Championship by 18 Points from Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) going into the second Austrian round at the Red Bull Ring.
Nascar Cup Series At Pocono:
Pochono Organics 325 Top 3:
- 1st: Alex Bowman (Chevrolet),
- 2nd: Kyle Busch (Toyota)
- 3rd: William Byron (Chevrolet)
- Kyle Larson (Chevrolet) was orginally leading however hit the wall on the last lap which gifted the win to Alex Bowman.
Explore The Pocono Mountains 350 Top 3 Drivers:
- 1st: Kyle Busch (Toyota)
- 2nd: Kyle Larson (Chevrolet)
- 3rd: Brad Keselowski (Ford)
BTCC Brands Indy:
Race 1 Top 3 Drivers:
- 1st: Tom Oliphant (WSR Team BMW)
- 2nd: Gordon Shedden (Halfords Cataclean Racing with Honda)
- 3rd: Daniel Rowbottom ((Halfords Cataclean Racing with Honda)
Race 2 Top 3 Drivers:
- 1st: Tom Ingram (Excelr8 Trade Price Cars),
- 2nd: Ash Sutton (Laser Tools Racing),
- 3rd: Tom Oliphant (WSR Team BMW),
- WSR’s Team BMW’s Stephen Jelly and Halfords Catclean Racing’s Gordon Shedden both tangled at Paddock Hill Bend during lap 2 of race 2,
- Excelr R8’s Tom Ingram performs a daredevil overtake on WSR’s Tom Oliphant to win Race 2 at Brands Hatch Indy,
- Jake Hill runs wide and spins during the midway point of Race 2 driving the Ford Focus ST for MB Motorsport Accelerated By Blue Square.
Race 3 Top 3 Drivers:
- 1st: Adam Morgan (Ciceley Motorsport),
- 2nd: Jack Goff (Team Hard)
- 3rd: Aiden Moffatt (Laser Tools Racing)
Key Date’s for next weekend’s motor racing action:
- F1 Austrian GP (Red Bull Ring) (2nd-4th July 2021),
- Nascar Cup Series: Jockey Made In America 250 (Road America) (4th July 2021),
- IndyCar: Honda Indy 200 at Mid Ohio (2nd-4th July 2021)
Tune in every Monday to listen live to the motorsport update live on Gateway 97.8 on Daytime with Aston Avery every Monday.