An astonishing four in ten Brits regret the way they have lived their lives so far and over half are worrying that they are wasting their life. New research commissioned by Remember A Charity, a consortium of over 200 UK charities, has revealed how people would like to be remembered, finding two thirds of Brits worry about how their children will remember them.
Nearly three quarters (69%) of those polled agreed with the common notion that in the end, you only regret the chances you didn’t take.
The top five most common regrets are:
- 1) Not travelling enough (19%)
- 2) Not taking better care of our health (17%)
- 3) Spending too little time with family (11%)
- 4) …and too much time at work (9%)
- 5) And finally, not being a better parent (8%)
Aston spoke to Deborah James, Author and Podcaster and Rob Cope, director of Remember a Charity to discuss why life is too short.