Ads help us keep this site online

Listen: how to prioritise your eyes

5th July 2021
Posted by Aston Avery

Johnson & Johnson Vision, a global leader in eye health and part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, today announced study results revealing that only 21% of people diagnosed with cataracts (or who have cataract symptoms) are very likely to have surgery, meaning that the remaining majority (79%) are putting their eyesight at risk.

Cataracts is the leading cause of blindness globally, and it is estimated that more than 2% of people over 40 years of age could have cataracts in 2020. This means that more half a million people (549,050) across the UK could be putting themselves at severe risk of sight loss, by avoiding cataract surgery.

Aston spoke to Samantha Whiting, general manager at Johnson & Johnson Vision

Photo by Sincerely Media on Unsplash