Motorsport update – 16th November
Here is the latest news from the world of motorsport from the past week!
F1 Sao Paulo GP
Top 5 Drivers:
- 1st: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes),
- 2nd: Max Verstappen (Red Bull),
- 3rd: Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
- 4th: Sergio Perez (Red Bull),
- 5th Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
DHL Fastest Lap Award: Sergio Perez (Red Bull) (1.11.010)
Big Talking Points From F1 Sal Paulo GP:
- Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton wins an electric Sao Paulo GP from 10th on the grid after being disqualified from qualifying on Friday and having a 5 place grid penalty for a late ICE change following the F1 sprint,
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finished 2nd despite nearly getting a penalty from the stewards after getting too close for comfort with Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes into turn 4 late in the race,
- Alpha Tauri’s Yuki Tsunoda though got in trouble with the stewards as he was given a 5 second time penalty for causing a collison with Lance Stroll’s Aston Martin into the Senna S,
- Haas’s Mick Schumacher also made a costly mistake as he damaged his front wing after trying to go for a move on Alfa Romeo’s Antonio Giovinazzi into the Senna S.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen leads the F1 Drivers Championship by 14 points from Mercedes Lewis Hamilton going into the Qatar GP which will be held on the Losail International Circuit in Qatar on the 21st November 2021 for a night race.
In some driver news in F1. Chinese Racing Driver, Guanyu Zhou will fill in the last F1 seat as he will be driving for Alfa Romeo for 2022 partnering Valtteri Bottas who moves from Mercedes.
Latest News Below:
- Lucas Di Grassi moves to Venturi for the 2022 season after Audi pulled out at the end of the Berlin Eprix in 2021. He will Partner Eduardo Motorara at Rokit Venturi Racing for the upcoming season,
- Jake Dennis stays at Avalanche Andretti for the 2022 FE season with teammate to be announced in due course,
- Maximillian Gunther will move to Nissan E Dams for 2022 partnering Season 2 Champion Sebastien Buemi whilst Oliver Rowland joins Alexander Sims at Mahindra to form an all British lineup at that team for 2022,
We will update you with more Formula E News as it comes in only on Gateway 97.8.
Nascar Cup Series:
- 2021 Cup Series Champion Kyle Larson is open to an F1 test as he reveals plans to attend the F1 season finale race at Yas Marina Circuit on 12th December 2021.
- Defending Indy Lights Champion, Kyle Kirkwood will be stepping into the NTT Indycar Series for 2022. Kirkwood has signed for AJ Foyt for 2022 and will drive the No 14 Car for the 2022 NTT Indycar season.
Ads help us keep this site online