Ads help us keep this site online
The final of Strictly Come Dancing 2021 took place. Before the final TV presenter AJ Odudu and her dance partner Kai Widdrington sadly had to withdraw due to AJ sustaining an injury during rehearsals.
This meant that Eastenders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis and her dance partner Giovanni Pernice and chef and TV presenter John Whaite and his dance partner Johannes Radebe would do battle for the glitterball trophy. Both scored a combined 119 points out of 120 points from the judges across three dances.
All the celebrities who took part in this years series but didn’t make took part in a special group dance. There were two absentees for that group dance, comedian Robert Webb on medical grounds and TV presenter & chef Tilly Ramsay after testing positive for Covid.
The winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2021 would be decided by public votes and your votes meant that Eastenders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis and her dance partner Giovanni Pernice were crowned Strictly Come Dancing champions for 2021.
The main series of Strictly Come Dancing returns next year, but a Christmas special of Strictly Come Dancing is on our screens on Christmas Day this Saturday with these celebrites taking part.
- TV presenter Adrian Chiles and his dance partner Jowita Prystal
- Singer Anne-Marie with her dance partner Graziano Di Prima
- First dates star Fred Siriex and his dance partner Dianne Buswell
- TV presenter Jay Blades and his dance partner Luba Mushtuk
- Comedian and TV presenter Mel Giedroyc and her dance partner Neil Jones
- News broadcaster Moira Stuart and her dance partner Aljaz Skorjanec
Photo by Dustin Tramel on Unsplash