Ads help us keep this site online
Celebrations will take place later this year as Her Majesty The Queen becomes the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
Beacon Lighting ceremonies
The Queen’s Platinum Beacon Lighting is the first community event of the four day Jubilee-weekend, taking place on Thursday 2 June at 9.45pm.
There will beacon lighting ceremonies across our borough’s five towns: Gloucester Park in Basildon, Sun Corner in Billericay, Pound Lane in Laindon, Wat Tyler Park in Pitsea, and Wickford Memorial Park in Wickford.
- Gloucester Park, Basildon – 8:30pm to 10pm
- Sun Corner, Billericay – 8:45pm to 9:45pm
- The Paddocks, Pound Lane – 8:30pm to 10pm
- Wat Tyler Country Park, Pitsea – 8:30pm to 10pm
- Wickford Memorial Park, Wickford – 8:15pm to 10:30pm (including lantern parade)
Big Jubilee Lunch
Why not get involved in organising a Big Jubilee Lunch to mark the historic occasion this summer?
A Big Lunch can be anything from a small gathering in a garden, park or driveway, to a larger party with trestle tables down the middle of your street. You can share food, have fun, and get to know your local community a little better.
Volunteers are wanted for Big Lunch events within our borough’s parks and community spaces on 5 June, to host lunches for your friends and family or for the wider local community.
Big Jubilee Lunches at Borough Parks and Community Spaces:
- Gloucester Park, Basildon – 12pm to 4pm
- The Nevendon Centre, Wickford -12pm to 5pm
- The Paddocks, Pound Lane, Laindon – 2pm to 6pm
- Laindon Community Centre, Laindon – 12pm to 7pm
- Chalvedon Community Centre, Pitsea – 1pm to 5pm