Hope you’ve had a good week. Tyler Pittaway back in the hot seat for 3 hours on what’s been a weirdly mild Saturday – not that I’m complaining about that!
Here are the strange stories I mentioned this week:
- An elaborate scheme to sue WalMart
- The Monopoly thimble will not pass GO and will not collect £200 anymore!
On this day in music:
- 1965, The Kinks were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with ‘Tired Of Waiting For You’, the group’s second UK No.1
- 1966, Beach Boy Brian Wilson recorded the future classic song ‘Good Vibrations’, which went on to become the band’s third US number-one hit
- 1990, Freddie Mercury made his final public appearance on stage when he joined the rest of Queen to collect the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music
In your celeb birthdays, we have:
- Molly Ringwald, 49
- Dr Dre, 52
- John Travolta, 63
For your trip back in time:
How could I resist playing a bit of Crowded House for so long?! This week I played the classic Don’t Dream It’s Over. See the video below:
This week I was joined by a friend of mine, Charlie Sansom, who’s been working on an exciting project to support up-and-coming talent across the UK.
We spoke about his exciting new music on the way; and his personal battles in the lead-up to his new album. You can see more on that via Medium.
We spoke about EMS Artists, Charlie’s entertainment booking agency and artist management company. You can see the website here.
That’s your lot from me for this week – I am back in your ears on Gateway next Saturday from 12. Until then, have a great week!