Ads help us keep this site online
From Monday 29th June St. Luke’s Hospice will be gradually re-opening their 12 retail outlets, over a period of three weeks, whilst enforcing strict social distancing measures.
Initially two outlets – the shop in South Walk, Pitsea and their warehouse based in the Basildon Business Centre, Bentalls, will open on Monday 29th June.
This will be followed by an additional four shops opening on Monday 6 July and the remaining five will open on Monday 13th July; all will operate with reduced hours -from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
For the safety of staff, volunteers and customers they will be enforcing a number of new rules:
- All the shops will exclusively take contactless payment (no cash transactions)
- Only a limited number of shoppers will be admitted in the shops at one time and 2 meter distanced queuing is expected
- Customers will be directed to use provided hand sanitiser before entry
David Emery, Head of Retail at St. Luke’s Hospice explains:
“The opening up of our shops is very welcome, but our priority is the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers.
“We know our wonderful supporters have been holding onto donations for us, waiting for our shops to re-open. We’re so grateful for the patience they have shown. The income generated from our shops is vital to sustaining our care for patients and we look forward to seeing many friends of the Hospice”.
To maintain high hygiene standards, all donated items will be quarantined for 72 hours and sanitised before they are ready to be sold.
List of dates when St. Luke’s Hospice shop are re-opening:
- Monday 29 June; South Walk, Pitsea and Warehouse
- Monday 6 July; Grays, Wickford, Tilbury and 19 Derwent Parade
- Monday 13 July; Corringham, Chadwell St. Mary, Billericay, Canvey Island and 6 Derwent Parade.
- Monday 20 July; Basildon Market Square.
For a full list of when your local St. Luke’s Hospice shop is re-opening, please visit www.stlukeshospice.com/find-our-shops