Dog rescued from burning building in Benfleet

Gateway 97.8Benfleet, Local News0 Comments

A dog was rescued from a burning building this afternoon as firefighters pulled it from a heavily smoke-logged house.

They established that the property’s owners were out when a fire started in a bedroom, but it was swiftly reported by neighbours.

Fearing that someone was still inside, and wearing special breathing apparatus, members of the crew found only the animal inside the two storey house in Maytree Walk, Benfleet.

On arriving at the scene the commander reported the building was approximately 50% full of smoke.

But by 2:35pm, two crews from Rayleigh Weir and one from Canvey Island had extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet.

Mark Diggory, from Rayleigh Station said, “The smoke alarm and neighbour helped save this property.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *