Fire in college salon

Gateway 97.8Grays, Local NewsLeave a Comment

South Essex College Hair Salon

Firefighters from Orsett and Grays were sent out to South Essex College in Woodview, Grays, just after 1:40pm on Friday, after a blaze broke out in a tumble dryer at its hair salon.

When crews arrived at the scene, 100 per cent of the whole of the ground floor room, measuring 4m x 4m, was well alight.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle the fire, which was extinguished and put out by 2:05pm. An additional appliance was sent to the scene with a high-pressure fan, which was used to clear the building of smoke.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *