Gas Leak in Wickford

Gateway 97.8Local News, Wickford0 Comments

Firefighters were called to assist at the scene of a gas leak at Fourth Avenue in Wickford just before 12:30pm. The incident was caused after a neighbour ran over a gas meter and gas started leaking out.

The Gas Board was called to isolate supply, as well as two crews from Rayleigh Weir, and Police to cordon off the area while the incident was dealt with.

Crews laid out a covering jet while engineers worked to stem the leak. The incident was dealt with by 2:00pm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *